Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, October 18, 2010

Back at 'er!

After having a birthday which was celebrated three times over two weekends in a row and a road trip coupled with Thanksgiving the weekend after that - all of which were filled with inactivity and tons of scrumptious food - I officially decided it was time to get back on the healthy track.

I've also had a rather low self image lately:
I hate my wardrobe,
I'm unhappy with how the clothes I have fit.
I need a hair colour and cut.
I've been eating rather poorly.
Exercise has not been a part of my vocabulary.

Rather than hibernate in my home and mope I decided to do what I could.
My hair - well that's just a matter of getting it done.
There's not a whole lot I can do about what clothes are in my closet because of limited funds.
But I can change my fitness level and better my eating habits which in turn should improve how my current clothes fit. I did my own version of boot camp near the end of June and was liking the results both physically and mentally. Then vacation happened, and summer, and, and, and! My kids and life have changed since then and that is not a realistic method of being helathy right now. What is doable is getting up when Sawyer gets me up at 6:30 or so and working out then. It's not like I'm getting a whole lot more sleep after that anyway so I might as well utilize the time beneficially. For me, eating healthy goes hand in hand with exercise because I don't want to waste the exercise.
I started this morning with a half an hour of cardio and ate really well today and feel pretty good. I hope to keep up the momentum. My goal for weight loss has also changed since summer and I'm hoping for 5 lbs for now.
Here's to success - this time!

No comments:

 

Text