Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A Big Move

After nearly ten years (with a bump in the middle) on May 12 I am switching my employment from LensCrafters to a place called Optiks International.


There, I said it out loud. I've known about this possibility since the begining of March. With all the discussions and the decision making process and telling the right people first, it took this long to make it official. I am so glad it's out. The enormity of this on my mind has nearly driven me to the brink of insanity.
.
Why the move? In short, Optiks persued me hard and gave me no reason to say "no". It's a good opportunity to learn a different side to the optical industry and not have to work during crazy mall hours of operation. This means I won't have to work on Sundays or holidays. There also won't be intense sales pressures which I think will be a nice change even though I thrive on competition and achievement.
.
Despite the change, I still wouldn't say that I am anticipating my return to work. I'd rather continue to be the stay-at-home mom I had planned to be when I went on maternity leave last year. God has other ideas apparently. I don't dread the idea of working anymore. After all, full time should only be for the summer. I'm not sure if my disappearing dread is because I'm going to a different place or if my head and heart have finally connected.

I guess in a way I am excited. After a year away from the work world starting fresh in a new place will be good.

I have missed, and will continue to miss, the good times I had with my LensCrafters co-workers while we slaved away to earn our livings! I know I'll keep up with them though and who knows, I might be back someday.

2 comments:

Kindra said...

Crazy! I was hoping that with my one day of work a week, I could at least see you and talk and stuff. But now you're gone and Vicki's gone...too weird.

But very good for you! Congrats and I hope you like the new store. When do you start?

Me said...

I start May 12. Yeah, I'll definitely miss the people. Are you going back for sure? We must still go for coffee or something before then. (after too)

 

Text