Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Ants Came Marching One by One....

We have ants. I hate ants. We don't know where they are coming in but they are randomly wandering around our house. I squish twenty a day with my finger. Then the little heros pick up their dead and carry them who knows where! Did I mention that I hate ants?


P.S. You know, there is a comment section at the end of each post. Feel free to reveal yourselves to me and use it. You don't need an account, you don't eve have to leave your name if you don't want to. It would be nice to know who some of my readers are. Thanks! Talk to you next week....I'm off to LA!

2 comments:

med neophyte said...

Heros? I am pretty sure that they carry the dead back to the nest to use as food. Very efficient and resourceful, but maybe not heroic.

Have a great time in California!

ps. Not everyone agrees this is what the ants are doing with the bodies. That could be because different species of ants are disposing of the dead for different reasons (prevent spread of fungal infections, prevent predators from identifying a nest or provide a snack for the kiddies are just some of the theories) and therefore dispose of the bodies in different ways. See below for reference about ants in Canada.

http://www.pmra-arla.gc.ca/english/consum/carpenterants-e.html

Anonymous said...

Shoes with hard sole such as strappy heels are best for squishing ants!

 

Text