Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Work, Shmork

It's a beautiful morning with a clear blue sky, warm glowing sun....and I'm inside on the computer in my cold basement. Something is wrong with this scenario. I'll blame the not being fully awake yet, although some fresh air would likely help.
Anyway, I've had a good many thoughts roaming through my head lately that are needing to be released. Here's one out of the plethora of issues plaguing me:
I've thought this before but I believe more and more that work is a necessary evil and a grand nuisance. It simply swallows up way too much time, time that keeps me away from Sierra. I often work from 9a.m. until 5:30p.m and add on a half an hour for travel (fortunately I live nice and close). Sierra has been going to bed late and waking up late so I haven't had the joy of her little smile before I leave each day. She's recently been napping during the late afternoon so she's also asleep when I come home! This does provide for a quiet supper for Trevor and I but I'm starting to feel gypped with spending time with Sierra. It's hard. I so enjoyed being a stay at home mom. I like being responsible for the household duties such as laundry, grocery shopping and cooking. I am not a career minded person. Something is wrong with the state of affairs here.
My consolation is that Sierra and Trevor are getting quality time together. It is really special to hear about their days. Dads often don't get this opportunity so Trevor feels very fortunate and is cherishing it. My fear is that Trevor won't get a job in fall and I'll be stuck working full-time past the summer. I was the breadwinner for three years while he went to university. Been there, done that, don't want to do it again.


No comments:

 

Text