Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, December 3, 2010

Mr. Flu

Mr. Flu ripped through our household like a Chinook wind this week. He began at 11 o'clock Saturday night when I heard a little voice saying "Mom-my" coming from Sierra's room. Of course I went to check on her only to be greeted by a vomit covered little girl who wasn't quite sure which way was up. Trevor and I cleaned everything up and a long night ensued. I stayed in her room with her, laying next to her on her bed so I could grab the garbage can at the first " I think I have to puke". I didn't sleep. The next day the barfing ceased and by evening she was herself again.
Sunday night: repeat with Sawyer. I slept on the couch with him on me so if he moved I could grab a bucket. His stomach eruptions quit by 3:30 so I had a little more sleep. Since then his back end has been spewing unpleasant contents. Poor guy. (Poor me for having to deal with it!) Other than that he's over it.
Mr. Flu blew over Trevor the next night - I woke up to an incredibly loud belch to which I asked
"Are you OK?
"NO."
Well, at least I didn't have to stay up with this one.
Just when I thought I had avoided Mr. Flu, I became the last victim on Wednesday.
Mr. Flu has left the building and we are all more-or-less over it. The adults for sure. The kids are taking a little longer for their systems to right themselves. It's been a long week but I'm glad it only afflicted each of us for only one day.

On that note - I'm working on my next Mennonite installment but I haven't had the time I'd hoped for thanks to Mr. Flu. There's a bit of research involved because I wish to be as accurate as I can. It's coming soon!

No comments:

 

Text