Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Highlights

Family.
I love my family.
I feel blessed by the great relationships we all have.
My grandmother, sister and brother-in-law, my parents and us.
Not a huge family but we had a good time together.  Our kids didn't drive us too batty with their noise and we all managed to enjoy ourselves and keep the peace.  We're not prone to fighting or anything but as all families are, we certainly have our moments.

Gifts.
Plenty of gifts.
Generosity was apparent.
Sierra was the most spoiled.  She was also the most excited and into Christmas. A big doll house with accessories, a Play Doh cake making kit, paints, markers, car with track set, bath toys, doll toys.  I'm not sure who is happier - me or Sierra.  She actually really needed some new stuff to do so she wouldn't drive me as crazy!

Food.  
Oh the food! 
Copious amounts of food.
Chinese food Christmas Eve.  Brunch Christmas morning.  Turkey dinner Christmas Day.  Hamburgers for lunch and then lasagna for supper yesterday.  Those are just the meals.  I'll not mention the trays of cookies, candies, chips, and other nibblies.  It was delicious.

 Clutter.
Stuff is everywhere.
I'm starting to get twitchy because I like order and neatness.
All those new presents are great but now they need a place to go.  They currently inhabit the floor and it's an obstacle course around here.  Do I feel like dealing with it?  No.  It's at this point every year that I feel ready to let Christmas go.  As much as I love the season and all the decorations I'm ready to have my house back.

It was a great Christmas filled with great memories and it'll be here again before we know it!





No comments:

 

Text