Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, September 2, 2011

School Girl!

Sierra started preschool this week.
When I dropped her off she gave me a fierce hug than walked right in without looking back.
I cried on my drive home.

 

 It's not like I haven't left her before.  
It's only two afternoons a week.
But it's in a real school and represents the beginning of the passing from one phase into another.
There's a small knot in the pit of my stomach.
"Stop, time, stop!!!!"

No, wait.
As my mom said, growing up and changing is a good thing with kids because we wouldn't want to be dealing with any particular age or stage forever anyway!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i totally agree with your mom. the realization doesnt always make it easy though.

Irene said...

Glad to hear she was happy to go - much easier than if she had been clinging to you, not wanting you to go! Your feelings are completely normal!!

 

Text