Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Hermitting

Normally a very social person who is constantly on the go I have suddenly found myself with a need to be alone.  There was nothing anyone said or did; I believe that I simply need some personal recharge time. 
 
I need to just be at home with my kids without having to be doing something or be somewhere.
I need to get some of the mundane daily tasks done in a relaxed non-urgent manner.  Such as folding and putting away the laundry I started a week ago!  
I need to feel in control of things at home.  
I need to play with my kids. My kids need to play with me
I need to get some yard work done.  I hate weeds with a passion but they so need to be warred with right now. 
I need to prepare and get things ready for our upcoming vacation.  I think my mind is also telling me to take my alone time now because for nearly two weeks there will be practically none.  I'm not complaining, it'll be great to reconnect with old friends and family.  But I want the mental energy to enjoy it because it only happens once a year.
It's not as if I'm going to turn off my phone and lock the doors and hide the computer and avoid everyone - I'm just not planning as much as I usually do.

I'm not depressed or angry or sad or frustrated or anything.  This is just my current state of mind and what I need.  
Who knows?  By tomorrow I might be stir crazy and phoning everyone I know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i feel this way a lot. especially when there are many things going on in my life that i can't control, i feel a stronger need to get a firm grip on the things that i can control, even if those things are mundane or don't really matter.

 

Text