Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Boot Camp - Day 4

I have this friend who went on this new diet where you take hormone drops of some sort for three weeks and only eat a very restricted 500 calories a day in food. The drops are meant to suppress one's appetite and she says hunger is not an issue. For a second three weeks one quits the drops and can eat anything as long as it's not starches or sugars. After that one is apparently able to eat normally and not gain back the weight because the whole process supposedly raises one's metabolism.
My friend is in her third week and has lost 11 pounds and 9 inches - how can one not on so few calories per day? Obviously the first stage works and she is very curious to see if the rest goes as it is supposed to. She's hopeful bought not entirely convinced. I'm curious, and skeptical myself but a lot of people swear by it.

The one thing this diet doesn't seem to include is exercise. Not carrying excess weight is definitely healthier but I believe that activity is also a vital part in one's health. I've been a fairly active person regularly for years but my most recent pregnancy totally took it out of me. It was harder just to do daily chores and chase after my kids than it ever was. I can't imagine feeling that weak all the time. In my short time of vigorous, daily exercise I notice my strength is coming back.

Day 4 menu and exercise:
Breakfast: 2 slices of whole wheat toast with natural peanut butter, jam and 1 cup milk.
Lunch: 2 eggs scrambled with green onion, 1 spinach cube (it has no taste and a great way to add vegges) 4 sliced mushrooms and a bit of grated cheddar cheese, 1 slice of homemade whole grain bread with margarine, 1 cup milk
Exercise: 30 minutes lower body weights, 25 minutes ab DVD
Snack: 1 cup low fat vanilla yogurt, 1cup sliced strawberries.
Supper: Whole wheat quesadilla with chicken, cheese, and a bit of corn. A large salad.
Snack: fruit and a few small goodies at a baby shower, 10 Triscuit Thins crackers, milk.



No comments:

 

Text