Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I Did It!!!!!!

It took four months, a month longer than the prescribed schedule, and the last month was like slogging through quick sand (which was in part due to a strained neck) , but I did indeed complete it.

P90X!!!!!
 
I can't believe I actually made it through the entire grueling program. I have never been as tired and sore for so long but I also have never felt so good.  
 
(Does that even begin to make sense?  No.) 

I definitely notice/noticed a large improvement in my strength and stamina and flexibility.  I actually feel strong when I perform the moves as opposed to the wimp of the century that infested my body when I started.  I toned up and all my clothes fit nicely.  I didn't actually loose much in the weight department, maybe a couple of pounds.  But when you factor in muscle growth (and muscle weighs more than fat) and lost inches I'd say I met my initial size loss goal that I made nearly a year ago.  
So yes, I feel good.

I have no intention of quitting now.  I'm going to keep up a casual work out schedule for the next couple of weeks and then after Christmas attack it hard core again.  Maybe I'll even incorporate more of the eating plan in and see if that scale will budge a little more!

Oh - and as for my no sugar or caffeine plan?  After the first successful week and half I gradually slid back towards my old ways.  What a difficult time of year to cut sugar!   I also began to feel better in terms of my heartburn/indigestion so I had less motivation to continue.  I'm not sure I actually  felt better without caffeine or not.  It was definitely harder after noon some days to stay motivated and accomplish anything.  Maybe I didn't give it enough time.
  I wonder if my not feeling well had more to do with a flu bug going around than anything because it was making the rounds.  I'm still limiting the sweets because even if it was sickness that afflicted me there are certain foods that disagree with my innards no matter what!






No comments:

 

Text