Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Bowling

Thanks to the brainy-acks who invented the Wii game system Sierra has discovered bowling.  She regularly gives Trevor and me a run for our money when playing it. In fact, she gets rather ticked when she doesn't at least achieve a spare. While Trevor's parents were visiting we decided to give 'real' bowling a try.  We chose 5-pin because the balls are small. 

Sierra had a blast.  She heaved that ball into the air with great vigor.  The loft was so impressive that I cringed every time the ball loudly hit the floor and worried one of the employees was going to come over!  The ball never rolled with great speed but it rolled.  Sierra was so excited to throw the ball that she barely watched to see which pins she knocked down.  Unlike with Wii bowling, toppling the pins was irrelevant to her.  It was all about throwing the ball.

Trevor's dad revealed a hidden talent in the sport of bowling and showed us how it was done.  As for my pin-crashing skill - all I can say is it's a good thing we had Sierra along to have an excuse for the gutter-blockers to be up! 







When I was a kid I remember being so disappointed that they didn't make little bowling shoes and I had to go around in my socks.  That is not the case anymore and they are so cute!

No comments:

 

Text