Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday Thoughts

I am so wishing that caffeine did not make baby insufferably grumpy and sleepless during the wee hours of the morning. That extra kick would so improve things this morning. Not that avoiding caffeine seems to be helping the past three nights. Gah!! Sawyer had his immunization shots on Tuesday and it would appear they screwed up his ability to sleep. I felt okay the last two days but this morning I am lumbering around the house like a bear just out of hibernation. Poor Sierra.

We bought Sawyer a Jolly Jumper and once he figured it out he loves it. Bounce, bounce, bounce continually - for nearly the past hour this morning! He is five months old today and it's incredible how much he is changing. I am so much more aware of his accomplishments and changes than I was with Sierra. Must be a second baby thing. Despite his goal to see how little sleep his mom can function on he is still a fabulous baby.

I've been in a post vacation lull this week. Completely unmotivated and a bit down. I'm sure lack of sleep doesn't help.

Trevor and I have been talking about all the things we want to do around our house and yard and the trips we want to take and then we grumble about our insufficient funds. Anyone know where to get a good money tree?

The teaching jobs available around here are next to none thanks to our incompetent provincial government. Trevor and I are planning on him continuing his current job and hoping for a substantial raise. Although it is still five months away my lovely maternity leave will come to an end and we need to make up that money some how and that whole issue is already on my mind. Child care with two kids is that much more challenging and expensive so it's not worth it for us to go that route. I also found it incredibly stressful getting myself and one kid out the door in a timely manner in the mornings, never mind two! Evenings and weekends are an obvious option, which I'll do if necessary but it would be nice for Trevor and I to see each other once in awhile!

I feel totally disconnected with God and my faith because of my laziness. I think I know how to remedy that but the lack of motivation thing really gets in the way! It's like being stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I have some fun things to look forward to this weekend and then an extended camping trip next weekend so I should perk up!

Have a good weekend!







1 comment:

Wendy Earl said...

Carla I am right there with you. I have been having mini anxiety attacks thinking about finding child care. In lethbridge (before we moved) I started looking at the 4 month mark before my mat leave ended and found out that was too LATE! GAH! Then when it ended in Stettler I worked evening/weekends and it was TERRIBLE! I NEVER saw Cam, and our relationship took the beat of it. Calgary I went FT and my sister watched Carter for a good price. God was watching us on that one. Now with two kids and 6 1/2 months left of mat leave and an unwilling sister... and FT rates start at $750 a kid! Ahh here comes an anxiety attack!!

 

Text