Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Waiting Game

A mere 16 days away from my official due date. There are times when it feels as though it's an eternity away and other times when I am quite happy with the way things are. Most of the time my sentiments are more along the lines of the first thought.
We are technically ready for the baby. We name a girls name and a boys name after much searching. The room is set up and equipped but unfortunately I still don't have the bedding set because it was on back order, it should arrive next week. My grandma made a nice quilt and I already had a crib sheet so the set is primarily for decoration purposes but it will make the room. The Wayne Gretzky and U2 pictures also need to come off the wall. Not so 'baby' themed eh? I'll post pictures when everything is done - you know, a year or so! Kidding.
I am physically and mentally done with being pregnant. It is awkward and getting painful to move. With a two year old around it's not like I can park myself on the couch and watch the Lord of the Rings Trilogy or anything either (I did that as I awaiting Sierra's arrival). I have to give her a bath twice a day (don't ask!) sit on the floor, sit on little chairs, bend over to pick things up repeatedly...and so on. I dread night because I wake up every time I move - at least once an hour - and don't sleep soundly when I do sleep. I know my sleep quantity won't improve with arrival of the baby but the quality should.
Now, grumbling and wretching aside we are excited and anticipate meeting our new little person. The prepping time is over let's get on with things! While I know there will be a major adjustment that takes place our lives will also be enriched at the same time.
Come on baby!

1 comment:

kraftykash said...

I cant wait! I cant believe its that time already. Kalen was 4 when I was pregnant with Korby. We watched ALOT of Barney! I love Barney LOL

 

Text