Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, December 14, 2008

-27

That's the current temperature outside and it's the middle of the afternoon. Yes, we've finally been hit with winter. No, it couldn't gradually arrive with slowly cooling air and a bit of snow here and there. It slammed into us with a vengeance on Friday at about four o'clock complete with wind, 25cm of snow and cold. It has stopped snowing and the sun is out but 'warm' would be the least likely word used to describe the state of the outdoors.
I really don't mind incredibly much. I'm in a warm house with warm clothes and warm drinks - it's cozy and I love cozy. I don't have to be anywhere either which helps. It also makes things feel more Christmas-y.

In other news:
We were all set to start painting our house yesterday. Finally, the finishing could begin, so we started sweeping up the incredibly messy drywall dust and chunks to prep the place.
But -
of course there's a 'but' -
but, we noticed that the walls weren't completely sanded yet when we were told they would be!
And -
yes there's an 'and' too -
they did a really poor job on the majority of the ceiling and it will have to be redone!

%$^#&(&*#*&!!!!!!

I'm not really that upset.
At least they are fixing the ceiling rather than being stuck with a bad job.
Definitely a little upset though. I am so ready to be in my own house! We're so close and yet so far.
My new projected date is the end of February/early March. My husband says the end of January.
We'll find out who's right, in this case I"ll be thrilled if it's Trevor!

1 comment:

kraftykash said...

It will be over before you know it! I cant wait to see the finished project!

 

Text