Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, May 18, 2012

Nearly Half My Life

A friend recently commented how birthdays come every year whether we want them to or not, and no matter what we do.  There is no way to avoid them or prevent them from happening (aside from the obvious reason of course).  Many people celebrate birthdays religiously year after year (like us!) even though the majority of the time little effort was needed to reach said birthday. Wedding anniversaries, on the other hand, do not come about with quite as much "ease".  Achieving yet another year of marriage on one's docket generally requires effort, commitment, and a deliberate choice by two people. This friend noted that anniversaries especially need to celebrated because they do require work to get to.

As I write this Trevor and just marked our fourteenth anniversary.  We are going out this evening to celebrate.  I mentioned our anniversary on my Facebook status and I had 11 comments and 24 "likes"!!!!  I'm not sure I've ever had that good a response to a status.  It is hard to believe that it has already been as long as it has.  I met Trevor when I was 17, I am now 34 so I have known him for nearly half of my life.  To be so lucky!

I truly feel very fortunate and blessed to have such a great husband and friend in Trevor.  I can honestly say we are a team and soul mates.  We get along fantastically well and agree on most things without argument.  He is a really good Dad to our two kids and it shows in how they respond to him.  He is a hard worker and is not afraid to tackle new projects.  He loves to have a good time and we have fun together and with others.  He puts up with me!  He respects me.  He is loyal.  We rarely argue or fight yet we have the freedom and comfort to disagree with each other.
He loves God.

I could go on but then things might turn sappy!  We wouldn't want that.

In short, we are awesome together and we have a pretty darn good marriage.  Sure, we've had our share of challenges and hard times but we've worked through them. God knew what he was doing when he brought us to each other and I hope and pray there are many more years of  "us"!
 


No comments:

 

Text