Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Random Ramblings

We bought a new computer.
Our internet is now operating at the speed it should thanks to the internet-provider repair man.(2.7 instead of 0.35! - if these numbers mean anything to you)
My kids are actually leaving me mostly alone for a bit - even with no TV (see below).
So there is no excuse.

Well, there's always an excuse.....

Life just plugs along.  
It's November already.  Christmas is popping up everywhere and it feels like people are getting into it super early this year.   My Christmas cacti are also jumping the gun -they are in full bloom already!

I pulled a neck muscle doing chin-ups the other day.  I know, I know - what in tarnation was I doing chin-ups for?  P90X.  I can actually perform some.  What annoys me is that I've been doing them for three months only to injure myself now?  Oh well, as I tell Sierra with her daily 4028 cuts/bruises/sores/aches/pains is that 
"It'll get better."

After attempting numerous 'nice' tactics of dealing with Sierra and her "bad dreams" I finally reached my limit.  I felt like I had a newborn again and was walking around in a sleep deprived haze and couldn't function well. The last straw occurred when I got woken up three times Saturday night by Sierra for "bad dreams" and was consequently was awake for three hours.  I put my foot down.  I told Sierra she had to learn to fall back to sleep by herself or there would be no TV the following day.   I've had three uninterrupted nights in a row.  She knows I'll follow through with it because we had this issue last year over "messy blankets." (don't ask)  I genuinely believe this started with a bad dream but it developed into Sierra's way of getting my attention at 3A.M.!!  Anyway, I got three uninterrupted nights and then an interrupted one - so we're a no TV zone this morning.  It's so nice and quiet.  'Quiet' being a relative term with kids!


Sawyer is definitely approaching the big #2.  He has taken to laying on the ground and wailing when he doesn't get what he wants.  Yesterday he ran over to our fireplace and pounded on the glass while screeching.
Nice.
This is going to be fun. 


I hate time change.  I feel like I'm in a fog for a week after.

I've been questioning whether to continue to blog for some time now.  Truthfully, it has felt like a chore more than I'd like and I've enjoyed expressing myself through writing for as long as I can remember.
  I had hoped that NaBloWriMo would inspire me and generate some more readers.  I know I have some very loyal readers but you are all just very quiet lately.  The comments have been few and far between.  Comments, even if they are sporadic are what keep me going.  Perhaps I'm not a very inspiring or interested writer.  Perhaps it's the content. Perhaps you all are just shy.  Perhaps none of the above. 
Perhaps I need to re-analyze why I blog and decide if I do in fact still enjoy it.
Maybe I need to have a contest and bring you all out of the woodwork!?







3 comments:

Kindra said...

Hey Carla,
Just to let you know I still read all your posts! It's true I've been very quiet with commenting since going back to work full time. I know that feeling of re-evaluating why you are blogging in the first place. I enjoy reading and hearing about life for you and your family :)

Kin

luvschocolates said...

I read your blog constantly Carla. I check at least once a day to see if you've got anything new posted. Maybe it's because we're cousins and I'm always interested in what my family is up to, no matter where they are :-) I do understand your frustration though, it does help to know others are reading your posts or else it just feels like you're talking to yourself on here. For what it's worth, I enjoy reading your posts and the pictures that go along with them from time to time. Hang in there!

Di Kim said...

I read a lot your awesome blog but you don't know me. Blessed by your words and just know I am praying for you as a Mom. my kids are now grown up and know the challenges of being a mom, loving them and helping them grow up!! Not an easy task, as my hair is now grey and now some days a little wiser.

 

Text