Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Weekend Reflections

 It is Saturday morning, the sun is shining hotly with promise of another scorcher.  I slept straight through the night until 7:10 (sleeping in for me!), eaten delicious whole wheat waffles, drank my two cups of flavourful, energy inducing coffee and now I'm feeling a little sad.
There's a certain project that Trevor and I have embarked on in this last month and it has taken him away from us many evenings and Saturdays.  After dealing with the kids the other five days of the week I always enjoy having him around on the weekends.  Someone else to referee the fights and distract them so I can at long last get a thing or two accomplished is always welcome.  I was/am a part of and fully in support of this project but it doesn't make this any more fun and it has made Sunday mostly a write off as we try to recuperate from one week and rest up for the next.  We should be pretty much done after today.  I also have a little cold which never helps things and my parents have been busy or away so I don't even have them to spell me off.  I feel for single parents, or families where one parent is gone a lot, or even families that don't have extended relatives close by for help.

Now it is Sunday evening and as predicted today was the "day of rest" we needed.  As we sat outside this evening after another gloriously hot day the sun was already set before 9 o'clock and darkness was setting in.  Alas, summer is gradually drawing to a close.  I'm not ready for that yet.  I'm loving the heat and ability to be outside any time and the lack of schedule.  I stared at a yard that did not get nearly the attention I had hopes for.  Oh well, there's always next year.

No comments:

 

Text