Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, October 19, 2009

Pregnant Prose

I'm wearing sloppy, unattractive, comfy clothes (those of you who know me know that is rare)
The TV is on to amuse Sierra which I really try not to do.
It's cloudy and dreary out.
I'm drinking herbal tea. I'm not a tea person on a regular basis but I've chosen to avoid caffeine with this pregnancy and these days even decaf is too acidic for my temperamental stomach and this morning I need something - so as unsatisfying as it is, I'm having tea.
I've been awake for an hour and still feel like Oscar the Grouch has invaded.
And I have a long list of things I was really hoping to accomplish today.
(Oh, I've just added two frozen chocolate chip cookies to eat with my tea, things are improving a little)
The reason?
I've have had heartburn that rages like a forest fire that began about two weeks ago and loves to flare up at night when I need to sleep! There are some obvious triggers that encourage it but lately it doesn't seem to matter what I eat or drink. Eating soda crackers at 3 A.M. to try and ease the burn is not fun. (Tums which are all I'm allowed to take, are useless by the way). I have acid reflux anyway and am more susceptible to heartburn/indigestion as it is but pregnancy has just fueled it out of control.
I don't know what to do anymore aside from stop eating and that's not a recommended option!

I don't know why but I've been extremely self conscious of my pregnancy shape. I really popped out over the last couple of weeks and it's just so foreign from my normal appearance. I had to convince myself for an hour yesterday that the shirt I chose to wear to church looked okay!
Later on I put myself in check when I looked in the mirror and had the thought that I get to be pregnant. There are many woman that would trade me places in less than a heartbeat - some I even know. Although I would not say that I'm particularly enjoying pregnancy despite my best intentions, I will try to be grateful for it and complain as little as possible.

(Sierra just peed in her potty, the morning is improving!)

Now that you've listened to me gripe and type my way into a slightly better mood I need your help: name ideas for baby! Trevor and I seem to have a hard time agreeing on anything. In fact we're lucky we found Sierra. We have a one syllable, somewhat harsh last name that begins with a vowel so that does tend to limit things. So have fun, encourage others to stop by and offer their two bits as well - I know lots of people love the baby naming game. I certainly don't mind it but it's proving to be a challenge!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ugh i hope the heartburn gets better soon. i had raging heartburn with my second child. it felt as if everything from my gut to my chest was on fire.

i cant help you with the name game. i had a hard enough time naming my own kids. although i will say i like old english style names. (my kids are lucy and monty.)

luvschocolates said...

Are you looking for a specific gender for the name or are you choosing not to find out what you're having?
Sorry about the heartburn, I know how that feels and I'm NOT pregnant LOL.
My contributions for the names are:
Caleb (works well with Ens) and some time ago I read a book with a woman named Marsali - I thought that was a really pretty name and definitely not common.
Anyway, just thought I'd add my two cents. Have fun :-)

 

Text