Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, June 15, 2012

A Handful!

(OK, so I'm almost a week late posting this.  Between time and trying to upload the pictures....yeah.)

6:44A.M. June 9, 2012.
Sierra was so excited,  7AM was "just taking too long" to appear on the clock. (the time she is permitted to wake us up!).
Well, okay.  It is her birthday. And the day began.

Five years ago today I became a mother thanks to her.  Trevor and I took a long time before we were ready for even the idea of having a baby but when we were ready - we were ready!
In the first few weeks after she was born we both commented how we had no idea that we would love being parents so much (and still do).

As all parents say, time has zoomed by.  Trevor said to me the other day that we've had Sierra about a quarter of the total time we get to have her living with us.  As much as my heart pangs a little at how quickly she is growing up I am also enjoying the gradual transitions from baby, to toddler, to little girl.  She is quirky, fun, independent but hates being alone, beautiful and 'girly' but not afraid to be dirty or rough-play with her daddy.  Wearing dirty clothes is only an issue to me, as is not brushing her hair or washing the marker off her face!  She certainly likes to push the boundaries and have her share of fits but being a people-pleaser helps balance that.
 I remember being amazed at how much personality she displayed as a newborn; well that hasn't changed! 

I had as much fun planning and anticipating her birthday as she did!  Her love to celebrate is certainly apparent.  (Yay!  I love to party too.) 

Happy 5th Birthday my Sierra Bear!


Her party with three friends Saturday morning.  They made candy necklaces, played "pin-the-crown-on-the-princess" and had a pinata.  Sierra loved it!



As a family (my parents, sister and brother-in-law, and us. Sawyer hung out with my Oma, him and golf would be a disaster!) we went mini-golfing that afternoon.  We all had a great time and the weather co-operated.


We gave her this dress as one of her gifts and it stayed on all day!




We then went to my parents' for Sierra's birthday supper.  She requested rice and a "Barbie" cake.  Granny was happy to comply stating that Sierra is her only granddaughter after all!

Presents! 
The best part.  She got her first "actual Barbie" (to quote Sierra) and absolutely loves it.


Was she spoiled?  Oh yes!  Did she deserve it?  Oh yes!










No comments:

 

Text