Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, April 26, 2012

About How I Get To Go Away For Two Days

I get to go away this weekend.  
No, not a romantic getaway with Trevor.  I'm going to Calgary for an optical convention for work.  We (my co-workers and I) get to stay downtown in the fancy Westin Hotel.  There are various seminars and a pseudo Amazing Race type activity and a banquet Saturday night.  It should be fun.  Although it will be work related it will be a nice break to have to not clean or tidy constantly, have someone else prepare my food and hang out with the good people I am fortunate to work for and with. 

But this is the first time I'm leaving my entire family.  Trevor and I have left he kids but it's never been just me.  It feels kinda weird.  I'm not concerned about it at all, it's just that I've never done it.  Trevor`s an awesome dad and does fabulous on the home front when I`m not around.   My mom and dad are taking the kids for one night so Trevor can get some chores done on a rental house we own and have a bit of a break himself. 
I know it`s only a weekend but I'm still going to miss them because, you see, I rather like them!

No comments:

 

Text