Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, May 20, 2011

Thoughts of the Moment....

It's Friday night of the long weekend and I'm sitting here watching game 3 of series 3 of the Stanly Cup playoffs and our beloved Canucks are currently down 3-0 near the end of the first period.
Not good.
Trevor is already swearing.
I am distracting myself with my computer and a glass of wine.

So what have we been up to?
We've been crazy busy and I am very tired and would love a break or vacation or something - but that is not going to happen so I might as well quit dreaming before I even close my eyes.  
These intense hockey playoffs are consuming a lot of time.  I am really enjoying the playoffs, largely because our team is playing like they want to win, but I am tired of the amount of time they are taking. Our schedule completely revolves around the games.  Ah the life of being married ot a hockey nut and being Canadian!

Ladies league golf started a week and a half ago.  My mom and I golf every Wednesday until the end of August.  Now when the word 'league' is mentioned people's eyebrows tend to raise and you see their thoughts going in the direction of "wow, they nust be good!"
Bah!
As was stated on opening night, this leagues is purely social and if anyone is looking for competition than perhaps another course would better suit them!  It is, after all, only a par 3, 9 hole course.  That in itself should bring one's expectations down.  It's a night out where we have fun and sometimes manage to hit the ball! 

I feel like I've been living at work.  Well, okay that's a bit of an exaggeration, but the extra ten hours per week lately sure add to the busyness.  I don't mind being a work at all but it's the rat-race outside of work that makes it difficult.  I am grateful for this long weekend and then only two more weeks of added hours.

We had a mile long list of outdoor projects for this weekend.
It's raining.

My Sierra is turning four in three short weeks.
Four!!!!
She's going to pre-school in the fall.  She talks a mile a minute and is a regular little person that I have a fantastic fun with 85% of the time.  
My Sawyer is nearly fifteen months.  Practically running and being a pint sized pain 90% of the time.  Still a happy-go-lucky little guy with a twinkle in his eye that makes my heart go to mush.
Time to start thinking about another one.
According to Trevor there is no way.
Well, we are enjoying wine this evening, maybe we should finish the bottle!

I kid.
 








No comments:

 

Text