Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Recap 2009

I took this from Leah: Enjoy!


1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?

Many things related to completing the building of our new house. Learning to live with and shape the life of a two year old. (ye gads, poor child!) Starting running 5 km on a regular basis.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?


Huh? Resolutions? Okay, here's what I wrote last year:


1. Buy an old fashioned journal for writing in and use it for things like jotting down prayers - which I desire to do more of, cute things Sierra does and says that I'll otherwise never remember later, and any other tidbits of my mind that I feel need documenting; a private place for my thoughts and memories.

I don't think I really even began this - but perhaps a good thought for this year?

2. Get back into better health by deliberately exercising 3 times a week and drastically reducing my junk food/sugar intake, and continuing with my increased veggie consumption.

I did okay, the junk food/sugar avoidance is really difficult.

3. Tidy as I go so that my house does not end up looking like a pig-sty and require a massive top-to-bottom clean. (This is a once-we-move goal, it's a nearly impossible feat in our current abode)

This goal had it's days.

My resolutions for 2010: I prefer to call them goals, it's doesn't feel so bad when I don't meet them.
1. Survive birthing another child and living with all that accompanies that.
2. Finish decorating the main floor of our house - and I'll likely need all year for that.
3. Loose baby weight plus 10 pounds more and get back in shape. (doesn't everyone have some sort of "health" related goal every new year?)|
4. Try and increase blog exposure.
5. Come up with a wildly successful money making idea that will make us filthy rich.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?



Yes.

4. Did anyone close to you die?



Not so much as close to me as to people I care about.

5. What countries did you visit?



USA

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?



A holiday that is a week or more in length with just our little family. I don't care if it's simple like camping or a trip to Maui (definitely the preferred option but I'll take what I get)

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?



January 31 - we moved into our new house.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?



Making it through feeling like a single parent as Trevor worked tirelessly on our house and yard.

9. What was your biggest failure?


 There are many and I'm not sure I could label one the biggest.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?



No.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

Good quality leather couches. The best with messy kid, husband, and yeah okay, me too.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?



Sierra on becoming potty trained.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?



Some of the people I work with.

14. Where did most of your money go?



Our house and yard.

15. What did you get really excited about?

Getting pregnant. Every step we finished on the house.

16. Compared to this time last year, you are:


- much rounder in girth
- living on less but more consistent money
- more rich in friendships

17. What do you wish you’d done more of?



Find innovative activities to do with Sierra. Record the various things she did or said that are cute.

18. What do you wish you’d done less of?



Eat bad food.

19. How did you spend Christmas?



At my grandma's Christmas Eve and my parents Christmas Day.

20. Did you fall in love in 2009?



Here's a big slice of cheese for you: every day more and more withe my husband and daughter.

21. What was your favorite TV program?



Lost, I'll be sad that it's over.

22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?



No.

23. What was the best book you read?



I can't remember but I did read some really great books. Chalk it up to baby brain!

24. What was your greatest musical discovery?


Refer to answer 23.

25. What did you want and get?



Awesome red canisters for my kitchen.

Pregnant

A new house.

26. What did you want and not get?

A teaching job for Trevor. A massively winning lottery ticket. A holiday.

27. What was your favorite film of this year?



Refer to answer 23 on the memory thing.

28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?



I spent a great day with Sierra, who was then farmed off to my parents so Trevor and I could enjoy a round of golf followed by an excellent dinner out. I turned 32.

29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?



Good question. I have so much I'm not sure I would give anything that honour. More money seems like an obvious one but would it really do that for me?

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?



Not really a concept so much as giving a concerted effort to do my hair and makeup most days and dress reasonable nice...then I got pregnant and comfy became my motto!

31. What kept you sane?



Exercise. My parents help. My husband - he should be listed first.

32. What political issue stirred you the most?



I hate politics and I'm embarrassed to admit I don't know much.

33. Who did you miss?



My friends who live afar.

36. Who was the best new person you met?



I'm not giving that label to anyone but we got to know a number of awesome people this year.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.



I continually relearn this one but that God is always taking care of us and providing for us, even when I'm ticked off at Him and avoid Him.

No comments:

 

Text