Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Mixed

Last week was a weird sort of week and today has begun promising to be similar.
1. My parents were in Mexico so we had the house to ourselves. It was a nice preview of life back on our own. I was a little worried about how Sierra would transition but after this week I think she'll be fine. She actually played better by herself than she has in a long time; she had to because there was no one to entertain her!
2. Trevor spent every free possible moment at our house working on the hardwood floor. This meant that I felt like a single parent. I was very much alone for the first time in a very long time. It was nice - "surreal, but nice."
The hardwood is looking great and worth the absence of a husband and should be completed today!
3. We started the week with balmy +16 C and ended with -20 C as a high.
4. People and situations everywhere were just plain odd. I had a patient at my job who came in with some concerns about the vision through her new glasses. She brought a wooden spoon along in order to keep one eye covered while repeatedly explaining what she was/was not seeing. I've been in the industry for ten years and this was a first. It was very difficult for us staff to contain ourselves and had a good laugh when the patient left.
5. I've started diligently working out again for the past three weeks and I managed to gain a pound last week!!! I thought I was eating okay to go with the working out but apparently not good enough. Grrrr.

P.S. Moving day is still scheduled for Saturday!!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im so excited for your moving day!!

 

Text