Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, October 20, 2011

3 A.M.

I'm deep in slumber land, possibly dreaming, snuggled under my thick warm quilt.   Then out of the dark, comfortable depths my conscience is aware of a small touch or push.  I roll over and reach my hand out and, sure enough, I feel a small trembling body standing beside me.
"What's up Buddy?"  I groggily whisper.
"I had a bad dream."
I drag myself out from under my blanket into the cold, silent, house, throw on my housecoat and quietly walk with my little girl to her room.
I cover her with her two blankets and lay down beside her.  
I speak softly about nice things and caress her face and try to bring her mind around to happier thoughts and images.  Soon she is relaxed and calm.
I give her a kiss and hug and go back to my warmth.

No comments:

 

Text